The Playhouse is committed to increasing accessibility to all its programs. Thanks to a generous grant from The Daniel and Susan Pfau Foundation, we are continuing a program designed to make our theatre day camp an integrated and inclusive experience for students with developmental disabilities. Space is limited.
We are able to provide the following support:
• Social story pre-camp packet
• Welcome video (which can be individualized upon request)
• Pre-camp meet-and-greet with staff and aides
• We will work with parents and students individually to ensure a positive and supportive environment
• Social narrative signs in all camp classrooms, lunch and play areas
• Differentiated scheduling (personal, pocket-sized daily schedules available upon request)
• Detailed concrete schedules
• A parent coordinator who will work with families to assess what accommodations each child needs • All camp counselors and instructors will be trained in effective communication strategies for students with developmental disabilities
• Access to comfort items such as noise-canceling headphones, fidgets, weighted blankets, etc.
• We can accommodate personal comfort items
• A quiet space will be available
• Note: We cannot administer medication, provide bathroom assistance or provide personal, one-on one aides.