What are we going to do?
Hire Black Artists
Produce Black Stories
Commission Black Writers
Diversify Staff & Board
What is our commitment?
The Playhouse is committed to creating an inclusive environment that reflects the diversity of our community. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, religions, sexualities, gender identities, ages, abilities, backgrounds, and countries of origin. This commitment will be reflected in our programming, audience, outreach and all connected with the Playhouse — management, staff, trustees, volunteers and vendors.
What's the plan?
Our Diversity/Equity/Inclusion/Access Plan, adopted in 2018, boils down to this:
• Program plays by and about the Black experience each season
• Hire diverse creative teams
• Practice color-conscious casting
• Actively seek candidates of color for all open positions
• Rooney Rule for senior staff and executive searches
• Aspire to 20% and beyond POC on the Board
• Ensure economic access with affordable tickets
• Offer free and subsidized school programs
• Listen first to create meaningful community partnerships